Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ezekiel 37:11 (NKJV)
11Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’

Note: Here is the crux of the matter. The vision depicts the despair of the surviving Israelis in exile. While the promise of the vision includes the promise of the Resurrection, that God speaks life into dead situations prophetically and that the people of God will never die out; the context also tells us that the people in exile remained in exile for 70 years. Most of these people never saw their homeland again. While God is life-giving, prayer answering and death-destroying in my life, I must remember that He has promised to bring His dreams to pass, not necessarily mine, and that I should not be surprised to find my heart broken in this fallen world. Maybe some of my dreams are lost because I never should have embraced them in the first place. Perhaps hopes and dreams that I deem lesser dreams to what I've embrace are actually the greater dreams. My mistake is that I view them from my perspective than the Lord's.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Danger of a Hard Heart Ezekiel 11:19-20

    “ Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give th...