Thursday, January 20, 2022

God is sufficient for the Christian throughout the stages of life and beyond.

 

Isaiah 46:4 (NKJV)  Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you!  I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

 

God speaks to the nation of Israel, but I cannot help but take comfort that the promise, though Christ, comes to me as well.  God attended to me from birth and will attend in my elder years and when I approach death.  Consider  Psalm 48:14  "For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death."  The study Bible I use, the “Spirit Filled Life Bible”, notes that the Septuagint reads "unto eternity" instead of “even to death."  The Hebrew is difficult to translate, but the idea of God being present in every transition in life, through birth, the chapters of life, death and beyond is a blessing.  In Christ we have a guide throughout eternity.

Note:  I am partial to “The Spirit Filled Life Study Bible” and the “NKJV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible.”  I tend to read from the King James Version, the New King James Version, and the New American Standard Version of the Bible.  There are many good translations and study Bibles in the English language.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Danger of a Hard Heart Ezekiel 11:19-20

    “ Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give th...