Wednesday, December 8, 2021

The Sacrament of Holy Communion and a Great Feast yet to come.

 Isaiah 25:6  (New King James Version of the Bible)  "And in this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all people a feast of choice piece, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of well-refined wines on the lees."

Revelation 19:9  "Then he said to me, 'Write:  'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!'  And he said to me, 'These are the true sayings of God.'"

Matthew 26:29  "But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom."

Jesus, in Matthew 26:28 makes what I believe is a Nazaritical vow when He says that He will not drink of the fruit of the vine until He drinks it new with His disciples in His Father’s Kingdom.  When we partake of Holy Communion, we are saying that we want to be there when He does so.  I believe this is the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.  Perhaps the same event mentioned in Revelation 19:9, and here also in Isaiah 25.  I believe this is a real event, a great banquet with Christ and all that are His, that will take place in the future.  I don’t know the exact chronology, but we touch upon it every time we partake of the Sacrament.

Note:  A Nazaritical Vow, or the Vow of a Nazirite, was one of the most sacred of fasts.  In it the person vows to abstain from any grape products or from cutting his or her hair until the vow is complete.  Some people made this vow for a season, some-such as Samson-did so for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Danger of a Hard Heart Ezekiel 11:19-20

    “ Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give th...